Tuesday night Maidstone United resume National League fixtures with a home game against Sutton United.
Five reasons to watch Maidstone United at the Gallagher stadium on Tuesday night
- Historical moment in the club’s history – Maidstone United will be opening the North Stand of the Gallagher stadium. The Springfield end has been transformed with a new 1,700-capacity standing terrace. This will give the Stones a ground capacity of 4,200. This is significant as this means the Stones will meet the National League requirement. In essence the ruling defines that the stadium must have a minimum capacity of 4,000 spectators, including seated spectators with the potential to increase to 5,000 in the future.
- Get your photo taken – On this momentous evening if you’re in the new stand at 7.30pm you could be featured in a souvenir photo to mark the opening.
- Unbeaten in five matches – The Stones are five games unbeaten with three wins and two draws. United will need to continue their run to put some distance between themselves and the chasing pack. Can the Stones remain unbeaten?
- Goal fest – Maidstone United have scored eleven goals in the last five matches. Kevin Lokko, Jamar Loza and Joe Pigott are in a rich run of goal-scoring form. The question is which Stones player will score first?
- Support the Stones survival bid – The Stones are just two points from the drop zone, so a win is vital to keep the pressure on the sides around them. Morale is good and confidence is high but the Stones will need our vocal support and we need to be the twelfth man on Tuesday night.
With just ten matches remaining and everything to play for can Jay Saunders overcome the biggest challenge of his career to date and keep the Stones in the National League?
Come on you Stones !!!